What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NYC Water Quality for CPs

I just bought a TDS tester from Amazon, and got it today. The tester showed store-bought distilled water at 000 TDS. The tap water in my building tests at between 045 and 049 ppm TDS. So that should be fine for carnivorous plants, right? I can stop buying heavy bottles of distilled water and forger about having to buy an expensive RO system? Of course, I'll continue to test.

I just bought a TDS tester from Amazon, and got it today. The tester showed store-bought distilled water at 000 TDS. The tap water in my building tests at between 045 and 049 ppm TDS. So that should be fine for carnivorous plants, right? I can stop buying heavy bottles of distilled water and forger about having to buy an expensive RO system? Of course, I'll continue to test.
Depends on what you plan on growing. I have the same ppm in Brooklyn but I still use RO water most of the time because my lfs does not like 40ppm water.

Back