What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not sure what is happening

I was able to sprout some VFT seeds, but both (after their first traps were formed) haven't been growing right, I think. They just grow these clumping tiny non opening leaves. Ive been growing them for around 3 months or so and nothing has really changed. I don't think this is normal is it? Could it be that for some reason they were just stunted and are trying to grow back?

From the looks of it, I think you're keeping them too wet. Back off the water a bit and I think they should be fine. Next time, try adding some silica sand or perlite to your mix.

Thank you, Ill take your advise.

I agree. Dionaea like to be kept moist to wet, but hate growing in standing water or very wet conditions. If you can provide more drainage, the plants should survive until you can provide better draining media. Dionaea should be grown in well drained pots. The water level in the tray should not be any higher than about halfway up the pot.

Last edited:
Back