What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not a carnivore. Any ideas?

My wife tossed this in my greenhouse. No idea what it is. It is about to bloom, and I am sure flowers will make it much easier to id. But I wanted to see if anyone had any idea.

Well that was easy! I am really enjoying it. I love the red tips on the leaves.

Not sure if all Kalanchoe do it but I had one which you could start new plants just by laying a fully developed leaf plucked off the plant on soil, wind up with a handfull of plantlets from each leaf.

I have some Kalanchoe, and I've propagated it from leaf pullings unintentionally. It looks to be the same type, but I'm not great at picking out subtle differences in succulents. Nice plant though!

There are some different species and I dont think you can propagate these shown above from leaves. They are sold for their flowers mostly. I only know one species of Kalanchoe (not sold for the flowers but as odd succulent) that grows plantlets at the leafs. Kalanchoe daigremontiana (or Bryophyllum daigremontiana) does this and probably some other Kalanchoes as well, but not this one I think.
As strange-plant lovers, you all should look up the daigremontiana! A really special plant I think :)
I ruined mine ages ago because a ten year old appearantly thinks that cacti and succulents in the desert don't need water ;) Let's call it beginners mistakes...
A beautiful plant though, Oregon!

i have one that grows plantlets on the leaves. K laetivirens it's a very prolific. the pups fall off when they have about three sets of leaves and a few roots, then just start growing where they fall.

Back