What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ventricosa variant..

Does anyone know anything about the 'big mouth' variant of N. Ventricosa? I saw it recently on Exotica plants. Looks cool!
David

Moved to the proper Forum

yeah looks nice! imagine a cross of that ventricosa with lowii!

<span style='color:Teal'>Oh Yes i saw that variety yesterday. It is really amazing.

I really love ventricosa plants and these new varieties are breathtaking. I hope to have one of those soon  
smile_m_32.gif

Cheers,
Jorge Joel...
Emilia's Garden</span>

where can i see some pics?

yeah i know. apart from that the paper work to get it over here! i think the 500.00 are AU dollars

It's not so bad...great plants from there. I need to start saving $$ to get a permit again..

Cheers,

Joe

How dovariants even form, is it artifical or does the plant just happen to look like that?

Exotica Plants has been breeding select forms of species for several generations. This particular cultivar and their other 'new' ventricosa plants shows the result of selective breeding. They are huge and showy. We are trialling one now to see how well it takes the warm nights of summer in the southeastern part of the US.
There was a comment about crossing it to lowii...don't be surprised
smilie4.gif

The big mouth variant looks great.  Another great variant is N. ventricosa (k)   It also would be a great candidate for a lowii cross (check out that waist!).
click here

Yep. That's Michelle's hand. So far, vent k has done well for us.

Here's another pics where you can see the entire plant.  Check out the pitcher to leaf ratio.
N.%20ventricosa%20k%20entire%20plant%208-26-05.JPG

Eww... That 'big mouth' ventricosa reminds me too much of goatse.cx or something equally disgusting...
smile_t_32.gif

^ No, it does not
smile_n_32.gif
, nothing compares to goatse.cx.....nothing.

OK, that's just wrong.
biggrin.gif

Capslock

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Brian_W @ Feb. 07 2006,7:25)]The big mouth variant looks great.  Another great variant is N. ventricosa (k)   It also would be a great candidate for a lowii cross (check out that waist!).
click here
hey i said that first!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]yeah looks nice! imagine a cross of that ventricosa with lowii!

Back