What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to the group. My set up and conditions.

Relatively new to the hobby. Been growing for about 6 months all together. Here's my current set up that I have. I grow out of a 105l plastic tote. I use artificial lighting and a heating seedling matt. Day time temps run 75 to 83f with 80 to 85 humidity. Nights it's 58-63f and 90-95 humidity. My current plants are spathulata x gmynaphora, vivid machine, burbigeae x veitchii, lady Pauline x hamata, ramispina x robcantlyi, veitchii bareo, Palawanesis, and Lowii

Attachments

• IMG_20221115_125042_01.jpg
    IMG_20221115_125042_01.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20221115_125045_01.jpg
    IMG_20221115_125045_01.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 7
Your plants certainly look nice. They must like what you are supplying!

Your plants certainly look nice. They must like what you are supplying!
Thank you! It's going good. I'm having some issues with temp drops sometimes. I'm worried my lowii will get damage from it. Any advice on dropping the temp at night?

Lowii, of them all, would love the temperature drops! Lowii is way up into mountains, naturally crossing with an ULH (Macrophylla) in the wild.

Lowii, of them all, would love the temperature drops! Lowii is way up into mountains, naturally crossing with an ULH (Macrophylla) in the wild.
Yes very much so. Any advice on things I can do to drop the temp? I have a 9 degree drop which is low. 15 drop is ideal.

I am looking at a Peltier-type chiller like the ones used in mini-refrigerators and for computer chips. They aren't too expensive and should be adaptable to use in your tote box. I haven't tried this yet but I have plans for my largest terrarium, which has 4 cu. feet of volume. Anyway, 'just an idea.

Back