What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new sp?

Nadisyaputrana1.jpg

Nadisyaputrana8.jpg

Nadisyaputrana4.jpg

this is new sp?

regards,
Ady
pitsel-pitsel.proboards.com

...looks to me like bongso or carunculata...are they the same species now? i dont know.
i defenantly dont think that is a new species...ive seen it somewhere.....that appendage though, looks just like the ridge i see on alot of my neps with those highly flared peristomes

Could be izumae as well. Dark enough for it at any rate

llooks like izumeae to me.

I was thinking of that too but you can't see all of the peristome. Much more narrow than would be typically seen in bongso or carunculata. So its likely izumea. Or one of the others since you can't base species off of pitchers it seems LOL.

Don't those speices typically have a little ...inward point at the front of the peristome when this mature?

I am thinking bongso too (yep carunculata is considered a synonym). From the pics I have seen of izumiae it has a quite distinct waist, the lower part being inflated. But then there can be variation depending on the population. Not seen on any of the photos here is the base of the lid, and one of the characteristics of izumiae is a basal appendage.

Regards,

Christer

Seems like bongso, the lid reminds me of bongso, too. That, or it could just be a hybrid? Did you take this picture?

Back