What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Product Survey

• Thread starter Est
  • Start date

Est

War. War never changes.
Staff member
Howdy everyone! For a class, I need to ask people questions about a product a partner and I have made up. The product is pretty much an electronic notebook. The idea is to have a notebook-like design with all hardware inside the covers and touchscreen "pages" for writing. We have yet to make up most of the specifics, but what's important is the general concept. The idea is to have a simple, straightforward system, not much more complex to use than pencil and paper. You'll be able to pull it out of your backpack/breifcase and zip away as well as be able to pull up old notes. Features would include simple use, multiple colours, being able to move text, note recall, layers, and a very simple and quick software design. So, if you're at all interested in the product (or in giving me a hand,) then please fill out the following.

1. Would you be interested in a digital Notebook to help you arrange and recall notes?

A) yes
B) No

2. What style of notebook would you prefer?
A) Black
B) Blue
C) Leather
D) Dark Gray
E) Custom/Other

3. How much would you be willing to pay for said product?
A) 20$
B) 40$
C) 60$
D) 80$
(please pick highest you're willing to go)

4. Would you like to be able to purchase accessories; Printer, Microphone, additional Pages?

A) Yes
B) No
C) Only pages

5. What is More important to you? Price or Storage?

A) Price
B) Storage

6. Where would you like to see these notbooks offered?(List all that apply)
A) Staples
B) Rite Aid
C) Safeway
D) Costco
E) Office Max
F) Other

7. For what would you use the notebook? (state those that apply)
A) School
B) Business
C) Personal Use
D) Artistic Use

8. Would notebook to computer and notebook to notebook connectivity interest you?
A) Yes, Both
B) Only notebook-computer
C) Only Notebook-Notebook
D) Neither

9. What weights would be acceptable?
A) Only less than a 5 subject Notebook
B) Not much more than a 5 subject notebook
C) Doesn't matter(within reason)

10. What age group do you fall into?
A) 10-13
B) 14-18
C) 19-25
D) 25+

Thanks! You're done!
smile.gif

1. a

2. a

3. b

4. a

5. a

6. f

7. b and c

8. a

9. c

10. d

1) A
2) E
3) C
4) B
5) A
6) F
7) A
8) A
9) C
10) B

1. A

2. E

3. C

4. A

5. A

6. F

7. ABCD

8. A

9. A

10. C

*Is this idea along the lines of a touch-screen LIBRIe? 'Cause that would be sweeet!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]*Is this idea along the lines of a touch-screen LIBRIe? 'Cause that would be sweeet!

Sort of. We're trying to keep excess features/functions down so that it can be fast and easy to use. I haven't heard an awful lot about the LIBRIe, but it sounds like the rough idea of our product is as you state it; we're looking at something similar, but with a touchscreen, and probably less functions.

Thanks to the 4 that filled this out (1 of which was a PM, I can count! sort of..)!

1. a
2. d
3. d
4. a
5. a
6. a - f
7. b & c
8. b
9. c
10. d

1. Would you be interested in a digital Notebook to help you arrange and recall notes?

A) yes
B) No - I tend not to take notes, so not very interested.

2. What style of notebook would you prefer?
A) Black
B) Blue
C) Leather
D) Dark Gray
E) Custom/Other - I want mine covered in that shaggy stuff people put on their dashboards.

3. How much would you be willing to pay for said product?
A) 20$ - If it doesn't do anything else..
B) 40$
C) 60$
D) 80$
(please pick highest you're willing to go)

4. Would you like to be able to purchase accessories; Printer, Microphone, additional Pages?

A) Yes
B) No
C) Only pages

5. What is More important to you? Price or Storage?

A) Price
B) Storage

6. Where would you like to see these notbooks offered?(List all that apply)
A) Staples
B) Rite Aid
C) Safeway
D) Costco
E) Office Max - This is the only one close to me
F) Other - walmart

7. For what would you use the notebook? (state those that apply)
A) School
B) Business
C) Personal Use

D) Artistic Use

8. Would notebook to computer and notebook to notebook connectivity interest you?
A) Yes, Both
B) Only notebook-computer
C) Only Notebook-Notebook
D) Neither

9. What weights would be acceptable?
A) Only less than a 5 subject Notebook
B) Not much more than a 5 subject notebook
C) Doesn't matter(within reason)

10. What age group do you fall into?
A) 10-13
B) 14-18
C) 19-25
D) 25+

Woohoo! 2 more!
Looking at the survey, we should have (and would have, if we weren't rushed at the time of creation of these questions) chosen more meaningful age groups as the current ones don't really say much (hate being in a rush!)

I've been particularly inclined to a product along these lines for quite a long time. For several years now I've had to do harcore note-taking for classes (both at home and in classes,) and if I can't begin to tell you all how much I would have loved something like this. Countless times I've had to write something down that is exactly the same but in several different places, or wished that I could "layer" my notes, or even just shift some things a line down because I didn't leave enough space. I'd always imagined that something like this (even on a very simple scale) could be very useful as notes tend to get jumbled and a bit of afterprocessing without having to rewrite everything could really help coherency. Besides, ever have one of those teachers that doesn't quite grasp the fact that you're writing on paper, not a whiteboard so you can't erase things as easily as they can?!

Well, thanks again to everyone.

edit- thinking about it and making this slightly more germain, I could imagine that something like this could be handy to cary around with you and use for CP related tasks such as keeping an updated growlist. Would be nice to leave a little commentary on the progress of a plant, things like that. Huh.

1) a
2) d
3) b
4) b
5) b
6) a,e
7) b
8) b
9) a
10) d

1) a
2) b