What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Pet

• Thread starter USMCSKI
  • Start date
I was looking for something interesting to give to my kids so I ended up getting them a pac man frog at the local pet store....heres some pics.

IMG_5079.jpg

IMG_5076.jpg

Its only a little bigger than a quarter right now but we have been watching some of the youtube videos and we cant wait till we can watch her eat mice and stuff.

Check them out on you tube under pacman or pac man frog

Lol! its so cute! i love pacmans, or 'pacmen' frogs

These frogs are my favorite! I've wanted one for the longest time. I even spent like 6 months reading multiple caresheets, books, and forums regarding the proper rearing of one. I never got around to getting one. :(

Watch out for compaction!

Its only a little bigger than a quarter right now... and we cant wait till we can watch her eat mice and stuff.

C. cranwelii rarely get large enough to eat adult mice though they can take pinkies. However, by and large they should not be fed a diet high in mice as that leads to obesity. Preferentially what you should be feeding are good quantities of larger insect feeders like roaches and adult crickets maybe some nightcrawlers if you can get them reliably. 4th stage silkworms and goliath worms are excellent as well.

but we have been watching some of the youtube videos...

YouTube is about the worst place to get "accurate" pet care info.

Very nice looking little guy. I heard they are aggressive and can bite quite hard (I'm talking about it biting you, not another frog), is this true? What's it's name?

i used to have a pacman frog named bubba. the thing got so big it was eating 2-3 mice weekly. and at night it would make the craziest noises.

Back