What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new orchid! (or not!)

so, awhile ago, i had been looking through some random flower catalog, when i saw something called "peacock orchids". i thought that those looked pretty cool, and wanted to get me some.
smile.gif

then about a year later (a bout a week ago) i was at a Giant, when i saw a box of bulbs! peacock orchid bulbs! yaayyy
biggrin.gif
so, i went and bought 'em.

then i did a little bit of research online, and found out that they are more closely related to gladiolus, there not orchids at all!
tongue.gif

oh, well, whatever, im still happy i bought 'em, from what i have seen online, they look very pretty, very orchidlike indeed! i cant wait to see them bloom. (if they do this year)

so im gonna be posting some pics of them from bulbs to bloom on here! i think i am gonna try to start them inside, under a light, 'cause its still a little too cold here to have them outside. im gonna grow these in pots, on the deck, 'cause we always have lots of deer around here, and my mom wont let me get a shotgun... (lol!
laught16.gif
) i heard that they are supposed to be deer resistant, but we have had deer nibble things that are suppused to be deer resistant. also, the deer sometimes nibble a few of the gladiolus we have, and since these are related, the deer might go and eat them as well.

anyways, i'll post a few pics of them some other time, i still have to ogo find the camera and upload them. just 10 bulbs now, not much to look at, but mabey i'll also set up a light and setup for sprouting them indoors, and get a pic of that.

biggrin.gif

Can't wait to see the pics. :)

Back