What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Headphones :-D

• Thread starter nrbelex
  • Start date
I went out two days ago and got these new headphones:

They're Grado SR60s and they are incredible. Definitely a bargain too. Anybody else here have a music setup they like?
580smile.gif

~ Brett

Nice! I mostly listen to my music via computer speakers or the speakers in my car. My iPod gets a good deal of usage too, but I just have those lame earbuds!

I don't have the greatest audio equipment but it gets the job done
smile_n_32.gif

I cannot stand earphones, they are so annoying. I like the ones that cover the whole ear, and blocks outside noise.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PiranhaPlant @ Mar. 14 2006,4:48)]I cannot stand earphones, they are so annoying. I like the ones that cover the whole ear, and blocks outside noise.
Haha - then you would hate my other pair which I use for airplanes, long car rides, etc... The key is to stick them as far in as they can go.

smile_m_32.gif

~ Brett

When the come out your nose you need to back them off a little though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ Mar. 13 2006,8:37)]When the come out your nose you need to back them off a little though.
No way. That's the precise position where you get the best sound.

Also make you go deaf since none of the sound escapes and all the sound waves go directly to the eardrum.  They can rock though, and I;m not one to talk about going deaf.  I have two JL 12's in my ride, Alpine head unit and MB quart fronts.  I stillhave factory rears, and if it wasn;t for the distortion from the MB quarts and rears running off the head unit I would be knockin more than I already am.  It just doesn't sound as good as my truck did since the car deadens most of the sound outside of the car.  Being 4 doors and the speakers so far in the back they don't sound as loud as they would right behind your back giving you a massage as you ride down the road.
smile_n_32.gif
Oh and Sirius is the way to go too!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Mar. 14 2006,8:56)]Also make you go deaf since none of the sound escapes and all the sound waves go directly to the eardrum.
Actually, they've found the passive noise cancelling headphones (like the e2c) preserve hearing because instead of drowning out the noise by increasing the volume, listeners can hear the music at a much lower volume level and thus prevent damage to the ear. But the other ones... well those might have an issue if you try to eliminate background noise by pumping up the volume.
smile_m_32.gif

~ Brett

I can't use those in ear headphones, they really make my ears hurt after a few minutes, I don't even need to turn them on just being in my ears is enough to cause pain.
confused.gif

Back