What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New guy

• Thread starter Alf1415
  • Start date
Hi all,
Rather a novice at this carniverous plants thing but they are addictively intriguing to say the least.
At present I have had my i terest tweeked by venus fly traps but allready waiting for a Butterwort to be delivered then maybe a pitcher(unsure as to wether I should hang it or put in a tallish pot. Stil at the scouri v pages stage with that.
So hoping to pick up tips on taking care of my meager plant collection atm and hope to pick a few knowledgable members brains if I get stuck.

:welcome: I have success with Nepenthes in both hanging and standing pots. Look at where you have the conditions for it and go from there :) A pot with diameter can be more important than tall with Nepenthes, a tall pot could fall over as the Nepenthes starts to vine, while a bigger around pot will be more stable.

:welcome: I have success with Nepenthes in both hanging and standing pots. Look at where you have the conditions for it and go from there :) A pot with diameter can be more important than tall with Nepenthes, a tall pot could fall over as the Nepenthes starts to vine, while a bigger around pot will be more stable.

Hi,
If I was to go with a 4"diameter pot what sort of minimum depth do these plants reguire??

Back