What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New forum feature!!!

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Hey everyone, we're trying out a new feature here! Have you ever had a PM in your PM box.. and you KNOW it's there, somewhere in those 200 pms! But you can't remember who it was from, only what seed the trade was for? Well, now when you go into your PMbox on the left hand side you will see "search" under "private messages" click that and it opens a box where you can search your PMs either by word or sender, and in subject or whole message. It should be really helpful I think.

Hopefully it works, because the coder who wrote this hack isn't very helpful. lol If there is alot of problems, it will be removed but I have been playing with it and it seems to work just fine. So check it out, and let me know what you think.

Maybe you would be most happy if I stopped adding new cool stuff to the forum?? :poke: haha

Enjoy!
Andrew

Very cool :). I have been wanting a feature just like this for a while now, esp. when you have a ton of PMs with all the same "RE:" headings.

It's 200 for "thank you" users, or people who have ordered from Andrew before. I believe you are right though, like 75 for everyone else.

phission- you get 200 as one of the benefits of being a 'Thank You' (click for details) member.. Remember? ;) Even at 75 though, it could be useful. :)

...orrr... we could make it a thank you member only feature? lol nah- jking.

Andrew

I always get a great deal of satisfaction from cleaning out my pm box... lol. No need to search when it's empty!

xvart.

I have a nasty tendency to delete messages pretty quickly, once I've replied.... and then realized there was an address or list of requests I have irretrievable deleted. I also do a lot of dumpster diving for stuff that the family didn't deem imoortant, for like a year, until I've thrown it into the nether-reaches of the dumpster.

THANK YOU! I have this problem ALL the time!

No, we like cool stuff. :) As long as you enjoy creating new things. Now...make a little feature that kicks Ozzy off the forums every time he tries to log on. hehe :rolleyes:

Back