What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nepenthes

i received this nep from sarracenianorthwest.com from my aunt. all i know about it is its a good houseplant. and what are those dew drops on it?
IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

First of all, Sarracenia Northwest always sends plant tags with its plants, so are you sure you didn't just throw it away or something? Try to find it!

The plant you have looks like it might be N. sanguinea or possibly N. fusca.

the plants i ordered before had name tags, but not this one,
confused.gif

Dang, that's odd. What's even stranger is that this plant of yours seems to have the pitcher characteristics of N. sanguinea and the leaf/tendril characteristcs of N. fusca.

I guess only time will tell!

Something tells me 'Judith Finn', but as far as I know, SarrNW don't sell them. Proabably N. fusca.

here are some updated pics. i am thinking it might be n. sanguinea 'orange', anybody agree?
IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1771.jpg

IMG_1763.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peanuts1gang @ Sep. 15 2006,11:48)]i am thinking it might be n. sanguinea 'orange', anybody agree?
Nope not in the slightest... N. sanguinea has strap shaped leaves without fuzz. Something along the line of N. fusca or maxima.

Tony

Back