What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Trade Nepenthes seed pods for trade

• Thread starter ilbasso
  • Start date
I have a partially harvested flower stock from a complex nep cross that I would like to trade for whatever you might be offering. There are a few possible snags that I want to put out there though.

This is only the second time I have attempted to pollinate nepenthes, and only the first time that it looks like it might possibly have been a success. I have opened several pods and they have had a bunch of what look like very tiny nepenthes seeds, based on my limited experience with nepenthes seeds.

So because I cannot promise that these are going to work, I can't expect much in return. So I guess I am offering the opportunity to possibly have a crap load of little seedlings.

Mom is a hybrid that I received on a trade from this site a very long time ago and the identity has long been lost. Dad is a Miranda, which I have heard mixed things about the viability of that pollen.

So who wants to give it a try? All I ask in return is...something. Drosera seed, ping leaf pulls, d. Adele, n. ventricosa cutting, hamata...whatever. Just NO capensis!!! In the event that the seeds don't work, I will enclose a little surprise to guarantee that this isn't a total bust for you. I'm willing to cut it in half if multiple folks would like to try some.

Attachments

• 20210819_163238.jpg
    20210819_163238.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210819_163215.jpg
    20210819_163215.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 7
I would love to send something your way, although I don't want to hog them all if someone else wants some. I'm actually hoping to get into micropropagation, and all I'm missing are some seeds to try out while I wait for my own plants to get their butts into gear. I have also heard questionable things about x 'Miranda' fertility but your pods look good to my amateur eyes and I think it's definitely worth a shot.

At the moment I could send:

N. 'St. Gaya' cutting
N. ventrata cuttings
N. spectabilis (cuttings from a few different clones)
N. [(lowii veitchii) x boschiana] x mira (seed-grown)

Although I've got another dozen plants I'll probably take cuttings from soon if none of those speak to you. I could also include snips from a handful of pothos/NOIDs if you'd like.

Damn I have been looking for neps seeds to try to grow some myself... Unfortunately all I have is some capensis seedlings (1month old) and my capensis is looking like it's gonna flower again lol.

These seeds are gone now, but hopefully I'll have some luck breeding plants in the future.

Thank you and good luck to you and your neps

I'm the one who ended up with the seeds from ilbasso, who has been SUPER generous, and I will be looking to pass it along. I will hit you up if I have luck myself with my own female flower since I have some pollen due in this week 🤞

I'm the one who ended up with the seeds from ilbasso, who has been SUPER generous, and I will be looking to pass it along. I will hit you up if I have luck myself with my own female flower since I have some pollen due in this week 🤞
Thank you so much and good luck to you. Unfortunately the largest nepenthes I have is a "size large" that's assimilating right now so its gonna be some years before I can even expect a flower.

Back