What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes Pollen

My ventricosa x (aristolochioides x thorelii) is blooming, and it turned out to be male. I am wondering if anyone would like to make a cross with it.

https://i.imgur.com/YbGuJq7.jpg

Pitchers from this plant open sideways like aristo, have a slight hourglass shape like ventricosa. The peristome is a dark purple and the rest of the pitcher is red with purple speckles, the entire pitcher turning a dark purple-red with age.

I have a female nepenthes

My ventricosa x (aristolochioides x thorelii) is blooming, and it turned out to be male. I am wondering if anyone would like to make a cross with it.

https://i.imgur.com/YbGuJq7.jpg

Pitchers from this plant open sideways like aristo, have a slight hourglass shape like ventricosa. The peristome is a dark purple and the rest of the pitcher is red with purple speckles, the entire pitcher turning a dark purple-red with age.

Hello,
I have a female nepenthes who bloms. I was looking for a male and I found this forum.
I am not sure it would work, cause I live on Belgium. But if nobody else needs it , why not have a try? I never did it, but if it works, I will sens you back some seeds (if you are agree to send it, of course I would pay the shopping). Is there a good way to protect it while sending ?
Have a nice day
PS : sorry if my english is notre fluent, I do my best

Hello,
I have a female nepenthes who bloms. I was looking for a male and I found this forum.
I am not sure it would work, cause I live on Belgium. But if nobody else needs it , why not have a try? I never did it, but if it works, I will sens you back some seeds (if you are agree to send it, of course I would pay the shopping). Is there a good way to protect it while sending ?
Have a nice day
PS : sorry if my english is notre fluent, I do my best

Oh dear, I don't know if anyone in the US could get pollen shipped to you fast enough with all the flowers already open. You gotta seek out pollen before that, heck, before any of the flowers are open if you already know the plant's gender.

Unfortunately, I've already given all my pollen, I could try to ask a friend if they are willing to try shipping to you, he had a male bloom later than mine.

Oh dear, I don't know if anyone in the US could get pollen shipped to you fast enough with all the flowers already open. You gotta seek out pollen before that, heck, before any of the flowers are open if you already know the plant's gender.

Unfortunately, I've already given all my pollen, I could try to ask a friend if they are willing to try shipping to you, he had a male bloom later than mine.

Hello!
Thanks for your answer.
I really do not know how long it takes. Nice to you to ask your friend. I have two floral scales from the same nepenthes. One already opened, but not the other... Maybe it could work?!? Let's have a try?!? But only if nobody else needs pollen of your friend, cause I am notre sure this would works...

Hello!
Thanks for your answer.
I really do not know how long it takes. Nice to you to ask your friend. I have two floral scales from the same nepenthes. One already opened, but not the other... Maybe it could work?!? Let's have a try?!? But only if nobody else needs pollen of your friend, cause I am notre sure this would works...

It is very good that it has two bundles of flowers and that one is not open yet! My friend's male flowers are currently ripening and will be good for harvesting soon, so hopefully he could get some to you in time for the second batch of flowers. Talk to him through his thread in the Trades/Giveaways section
Nepenthes Pollen available

It is very good that it has two bundles of flowers and that one is not open yet! My friend's male flowers are currently ripening and will be good for harvesting soon, so hopefully he could get some to you in time for the second batch of flowers. Talk to him through his thread in the Trades/Giveaways section
Nepenthes Pollen available

Thanks a lot for the link, I will just ask him ☺️☺️☺️

Back