What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes Miranda Cutting...Flowering?

Roughly five months ago I took a cutting from a huge Miranda, neglected the cutting and never got around to planting it. Checked it today and it's flowering! Plenty of roots on it and I plan on potting it soon, should I snip the flower? Can I do anything with the flower even if I don't have anything to pollinate it with?

Maybe you could take a cutting of it? Like with vft's.

Flowers will not spawn new Nepenthes; unlike other plants, Nepenthes need meristematic tissue to produce new growth, like basal stems, dormant nodes, etc. I would cut the flower so as not to stress the cutting itself, but past that it's not going to be useful.

Yeah, I would cut it off too if you don't have anything to pollinate it with so that you don't waste the cutting's energy.

This is what I was mostly curious about, I'll snip it then. Thanks for everyone's help!
Flowers will not spawn new Nepenthes; unlike other plants, Nepenthes need meristematic tissue to produce new growth, like basal stems, dormant nodes, etc. I would cut the flower so as not to stress the cutting itself, but past that it's not going to be useful.

It's a shame that it won't make a new plant.

Back