What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes leave rot

Hi ! Can anybody identify the problem shown in the photos ? Is it a kind of disease or does it look like fertiliser burn?

I didn’t fertilise it but I put some moss that contains slow realised fertiliser on top of the originally moss in some pots by mistake ( Can’t even sure if this pot was one of them).

Thanks for help :) D8F61BCC-3BFF-4F11-8B3B-CF335E433868.jpegE6081533-B25C-4F74-B7C8-F9E172A0945D.jpeg

Got a picture of the whole plant? It looks like the oldest leaves are going, so it may just be age. The fact that it's coming from the center of the leaf makes it worth keeping an eye on at least. But if it continues to be only old leaves, no biggie.

I'd say blackening radiating out from the center is worrying. If it's rot it will progress pretty fast. How wet and humid do you keep it?

I'd say blackening radiating out from the center is worrying. If it's rot it will progress pretty fast. How wet and humid do you keep it?
humidity is usually between 65 -95%. Media is moist, I water once 2-4 days.

It actually progresses slowly. It started from older leave, first yellowing then blackeing. Its been about 1 week and no plant is yet dead but they just keep losing leave. Only 2-3 leave left on affected plants and the leave are yellowing too.

Got a picture of the whole plant? It looks like the oldest leaves are going, so it may just be age. The fact that it's coming from the center of the leaf makes it worth keeping an eye on at least. But if it continues to be only old leaves, no biggie.
Thanks I will take some photos when I have chance but I dont think its normal aging process, even new leave with forming pitchers started to die off. There are only 2-3 leave left and they are yellowing/blacking too.

Back