What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nep sprouts?

Congrats, Glider. Any pics?

xvart.

IMG_0571.jpg

Alex

NICE.

xvart.

Hey guys,

Noticed my first nep sprout from the NOID offer today! :boogie: :-D

You should be seeing some action soon, xvart.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! You winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
Glider14 RULEZZZZZZZZ

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

Germination started some days ago. They sat on my east-facing windowsill from sunup ‘til sundown. At night, I placed them on my desk under my desk light next to my monitor (which is an old one), which provided extra heat. They were covered with plastic wrap overnight and sprayed almost daily.

Seed sown sometime around Feb. 10 and began germinating around April 2.

Xvart, how are yours coming along?

I'm working on my first Nep seeds too! I was just inspired to go check on mine, and I noticed that there is a tiny bit of mold popping up on some of my seeds. It's a weird cool green color. Should I just pick those seeds out?

Congrats to you guys that have gotten sprouts!! :-D

Xvart, how are yours coming along?

Nothing yet... It's not looking too good so far, but I still have lots of patience and lots of hope! Thanks for the notices of inspiration!

xvart.

i found some more seedlings and the first pitcher on one should open soon...from what i can see anyways :)
Alex

Yup, I'm workin' on my first batch of Nep seeds, too. I'm also getting a few that have those tiny greenish balls on them(fungus I assume). I'm also wondering about MissMorbus' question.

you sure its mold guys? the first pitchers are REALLY tiny and have little hairs on top of them. DONT pluck them out until you know for sure it is mold.
Alex

you sure its mold guys? the first pitchers are REALLY tiny and have little hairs on top of them. DONT pluck them out until you know for sure it is mold.
Alex

I'm pretty sure it's mold. It's also growing on some of the LFS where there aren't any seeds. It's a weird white/blue/green type color. I picked anything out that had this growing on them yesterday. I don't think they were babies because it has only been a little over a week since I sowed them...I doubt I'm getting germination that fast. I've kept mine covered all the time, so I think conditions were good for mold. I'm opening it up during the day now to get some more air circulation in there. Hopefully that will take care of any mold.

don't worry xvart, you aint alone, mine have yet to sprout...a few months, wow, OK, I'll have to be a little more patient.

well, lets say those tiny balls may be fungus, maybe tiny pitchers(though I really doubt it). Would it hurt to just leave them like they are, or would this kind of mold harm the other seeds?

Back