What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nep seed

Nice to see you around here too Jon. We can rebuild our collections together!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (guqin @ Nov. 02 2005,4:32)]Nice to see you around here too Jon.  We can rebuild our collections together!
Hey Guqin,

Nice to see you here too. How's your order going?

regards
Jonathan

Hi Guys,

When do you think is the best time to transplant the nepenthes seedlings?

regards
Jonathan

Already sent out the order but still not reply from the fellow.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (guqin @ Nov. 02 2005,10:56)]Already sent out the order but still not reply from the fellow.
What order?
smile.gif
smile.gif

Ok, I must stop daydreaming!
Anyway, I think best time to transplant is when they are about 1cm - 2cm, or maybe 1 inch? thats when their roots get longer and several cm thick layer of sphagnum is not enough. It is also during that time that the growth spurt starts and they require more light.
Important thing - DO NOT put you less than 1cm diameter seedligs under rain: they do not grow roots until their carnivorous leaves (not literally carnivorous but just armed with pitcher), which is the third leaf - it is heart shaped and not oval - emerges. This is because they do not grow roots very early in life and can be really swept away during the rain.
...I learned from experience!
smile_h_32.gif

good luck,
(guqin, what CPs are you in to)
Thanks

Oh, I am interested in growing dews but keep some Nepenthes and VFT for teaching purposes.

Sorry about the confusion, Jon and I was referring to something else.
laugh.gif

I have ONE sprout already!!!  
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

<10mins later>...I sowed them into four different pots and I found three sprouts o far! Yippee! Thanks, Lam.

Cindy. I notice you keep puffers too. Do you feed them terrestrial snails?

Back