What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with my flava.

New member here.

Can anyone help identifying what's wrong with my N. flava?

The new leaves seems to become wrinkly and getting smaller per new growth. The colour does not look very good either. It does, however, show signs of growing pitchers even on the deformed leaves.

I have kept it for about 2 months now in my HL chamber of around 14°C night temperatures, 24°C day temperatures. Previously I put it outside for about 2 months under LL-inter conditions. Inside the chamber light level is around 4800 lux for 12H. I'm concerned it is due to too strong ventilation as my cooling setup uses pc cooling radiator paired with server/mining fan that produce strong air flow. Checked for pest, but I'm not too sure I see anything out of ordinary.

Is there any other reasons why my plant turns out like this?

20220731_102404.jpg20220731_102418.jpg20220731_105237.jpg

Your temperatures seem ok to me. Those shrunken, wrinkled leaves are a pretty good indicator of some kind of pest, probably mites.

Your temperatures seem ok to me. Those shrunken, wrinkled leaves are a pretty good indicator of some kind of pest, probably mites.
Thanks for the answer, yesterday I spotted a tiny moving red dot on one of the leaves, probably red spider mite. I'll try spraying and drenching it with neem oil mix. Might have to treat the whole chamber now.

Back