What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help caring for Nepenthes Jamban

I’m getting one small Nepenthes jamban pretty soon and wanted to keep it on my east facing windowsill but i’m assuming there is not enough humidity nor night temp. drop so i plan to keep it in i think either a 10 or 12 gallon cube fish tank which is about 11 1/2”x11 1/2”x11 1/2” in dimensions. I have some questions about the care requirements of N. Jamban and can really use some advice.

1) For light i have a single Sunblaster 26W 6400K CFL in a pretty big circle light fixture which is about a foot wide. The bulb has 1700 lumens and it would be about 12” above the light diffuser the plant in a pot would be sitting on. I plan to have on for 12 to 14 hours a day. Is this sufficient?

2) The humidity in the tank seems to stay around 70% - 80% with the little ultrasonic fogger i have sitting in the water basin. How crucial is the night time temperature drop for this species?? My temperatures seem to be around 75 to 80F during the day and around 65 to 70F at night.

3) I eventually will have to move the plant because my tank is pretty small. I was thinking my east facing bedroom windowsill so is 4 to 5 hours of direct sunlight good enough? I heard i can do the bag method to acclimate it to the lower humidity in my room (30% - 40%) but I would think that the jamban would get too hot on a windowsill in direct sunlight in a plastic bag.

Any other tips would be appreciated!

Best

Last edited:
Help

You will need to get your nightime temps a little cooler to about 55-60*F. Needs typical highland growing conditions for longterm.

Back