What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. singalana x hamata.

Hey everyone!
Thanks for the nice comments on my plant!
JB, Sweet plant there! I'm still without a greenhouse so I grow all my highlanders in my basement.
Huge tank with double doors, T-5 lights, fogger and great temps. Usually 50's night to 70's day temps.
I thought I got my plant a little late when they became available. I'd have to look up the date.
By looking at yours I'd say we probably got them around the same time?
I'm also on the list for one of those sing x rhh.
whimgrinder, I've been looking at all your pictures and they are all just incredible!
I love your sing x rhh! Makes me want mine even more now! I was on the list, hope my name didn't get lost in the shuffle?
Still waiting to hear from TP.
Anyway, I lost my once great Wistuba clone 1 hamata some time ago. At least this hybrid satisfies my hamata craving for now.
Just getting back on my game again. Got some cephs that are really starting to look good this year. Hopefully I will be posting pictures of them in the next few weeks.
Jeff

Wow, that plant is spectacular! I love how dark the pitchers are.

WOW!! Super jealous! Both sing x hamata crosses are amazing. I will be on a constant look out for those plants! Hopefully the aristo x rhh will be heavily hamata influenced!!

Amazing...I've looked around online searching for this type of hybrid (I'm in love with the heavy teeth on these!) Can anyone point me in the right direction for purchasing a similar one? I guess PM me if asking that on the forum is frowned upon. Many thanks!

Here is a quick update on my plant.
Another pitcher has opened and is slightly bigger.
In time it should darken up like the last pitcher.
Probably going to re pot pretty soon.
Jmatt

dsc07162.JPG

dsc07163nh.jpg

dsc07164a.jpg

JMatt, I know these cultivation questions get old, but could you tell us what sort of media you are using and a mean distance from the T5s? All of your plants are monsters.

JMatt, is that pot sealed or does it have drainage?

Mato,
That plant sits right about 1 ft under a 4 tube T-5 light in a big terrarium.
It has two grow and two bloom bulbs.
The media is a bunch of stuff lets see, pretty much equal parts on each thing.
There's long fiber sphagnum, regular peat, chunky perlite, charcoal, orchid bark, Cyprus bark mulch,
coconut husks chips. I think that's it, might be something I'm forgetting.

justjack,
The pot was actually a mug I turned into a pot.
I drilled a hole in the bottom. I know a lady who works with clay
and she makes things like this. Since I got this I have a few more bigger ones
I plan on using soon. There all glazed inside too so I shouldn't have to worry
about anything the clay might leach into the soil.
Kind of neat.
JMatt

Back