What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N.Predator flower?

My camera is on loan at the moment so I will try to get some pics up tonight.

I am almost positive a flower is forming though.

Anyone know what sex N.Predator is?

Well if it's a hybrid then that means there were probably many seeds spread out so it possibly has the potential to be male or female. If you got it from a specific nursery that is known to offer only one clone then that is the only reason there would be a definite sex to your plant that we could infer. (without a picture)

I thought N. Predator is a single clone from EP. Otherwise it is N. hamata x truncata. I could be wrong, it could be a Grex.

I would ask the person I got it from but I haven't seen him on here in a while. Maybe I will email him.

Last edited:
Ooo... You could be right! Somewhere down the line though the plant had to have come from a batch of seeds... Seems unrealistic that only one clone from those seeds would make it to the market. Who knows! I'll wait for someone more knowledgeable to comment :p

There are several clones AFIK... Bunch of seedgrown ones went out in the first release...

Finally got my camera back...

predatorflower.jpg

Definitely looks like a flower to me. Congrats there. If it makes pollen, I'd like to store some for when I get a female in flower again. That is if your Predator is a male, lol.

No problem. Whatever sex it is, I'm definately going to try to get some crosses made.

if its male, i have a female spectabilis that i believe will be flowering around the same time as your predator...if its a girl, i think my boy spect might be coming into bloom as well soon....

Cool!

I emailed the previous owner and he is currently out in the wilderness. Hopefully he can let me know the sex on Mon-Tues when he gets back to his nursery.

According to the previous owner, it is a male.

I have a female predator in flower I might be interested in some pollen pm me

Back