What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. mirabilis seedlings

xvart

Doing it wrong until I do it right.
Staff member
I was going to post this in with the other seedling pictures, but that was the ICPS N. truncata seeds and didn't want to get them confused as people post updates over there. Here are my N. mirabilis seedlings that are starting to make their first protopitchers:

DSCN2906.jpg

DSCN2938.jpg

DSCN2940.jpg

Hope everyone out there growing from seeds is having good luck!

xvart.

When my stuff dried out, I think it killed the chance of having any germination lol. Someone here was nice enough to send me some seedlings though. They look about exactly the same as yours, maybe like....0.01mm bigger lol

They look about exactly the same as yours, maybe like....0.01mm bigger lol

lol. I guess I'll have to prematurely fertilize to keep up with the pace!

xvart.

What do you mean "prematurely"? I fertilize before they even germinate, but shhhh that's a secret....

Great job! How'd ya do it?

Great job! How'd ya do it?

I got the local grocery store to donate some of those plastic containers on the "make your own salad" bars. I microwaved the peat. The soil mix is peat, perlite, vermiculite, and orchid bark. There is some light blockage because of the plastic lid to the salad container but I have it practically touching the lights.

I sowed these on 12/16/07 and noticed germination around 1/6/08.

xvart.

I just recently got some of that seed from ICPS and 2 tiny little sprouts are popping their way out. No luck on the truncata seed from them though... Muy congrats!

Back