What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. maxima var. superba

i just wanted to know if there are any personal growers out there what the diff. between the maxima var superba
and the regular maxima. and is superba lowlander, intermediate or highlander? what are some diff. or charateristics that separates them from seach other.

Please dont give me the link to the photo gallery that list all photo of all nepenthes possible because i already checked it and pretty much looks the same - thank you!

There have been a few posts over the years as to the identity of the maxima cited as 'var superba', and as far as I can recall nothing definitive has ever arisen from it. There are a couple of different maxima that have done the rounds as var superba, and no one can be sure if its the species originally used in the x Tiveyi hybrid. As it was created more than 100 years ago, I doubt it's ever going to be ascertained.

Hamish

thanks for your post!
smile.gif

Back