What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've mostly run out of space in my grow tent and heated lowland tank. I've seen some very nice maxima varieties available recently (Gunung Lumut-the false Eymae, and wavy leaf). I was wondering if these would be hardy enough as windowsill plants. My apartment conditions are pretty bad for most Nepenthes (intermediate temps Fall-Spring, ultra lowland temps mid-summer due to no AC, 25-30% humidity), but I am growing several varieties successfully on my windowsill with supplemental T5 lights. xMixta, ventricosa x (xTiveyi), xSplendiana, xCaesar, xCaesarion, and several no ID hybrids from Leilani Nepenthes thrive and pitcher year-round in these conditions. They all took months to acclimate, though. Would most maxima varieties adapt, despite my low humidity and hot summer nights?

Mos' def

Maxima should survive in a lot of different situations.

Good to know, I had not tried any species outside my tents. For my windowsill Nepenthes, I'm sure hybrid vigor plays a major role in their success in poor conditions (low humidity, 80f night temps in July-August, etc). Alata, ventricosa, and truncata may be worth a try too.

I've had my maxima wavy leaf on my kitchen window for over a year with no supplemental light, I'm in Michigan. Go for it and good luck.

Last edited:
Back