What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. Gantungensis conditions?

Does anyone grow this species? I was wondering if anyone would know if it could be possible to grow this species in intermediate conditions? I know the mira complex is generally pretty hardy; would this be true for this species?

1600 to 1800m, should be cool intermediate to highland. Keep it at 55-65f at night and it should be happy.

Keep in mind that the Philippines are tropical, but they are not on the equator; the further from the equator you go, the faster it will get cool at higher elevations or experience shifts to. Around 1200 meters is pushing into highland even equatorially, above that going to generally be very distinctly highland in the Philippines.
You can test whatever conditions you like, see what the plant will tolerate (perhaps the microclimates it lives in remain warmer than the general region, or reverse), but mine grow in the highland tent with every thing else, sitting fairly close to species like macrophylla, aristolochioides, jacquelineae etc.

Back