What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. Eymae x TM

10372428723_ce870991f3_c.jpg

10372195804_dc130fb52e_c.jpg

The shape seems completely off for an upper of something with eyemae as a parent. could it be that this hybrid was made with the true eyemae and not the maxima formerly known as eyemae? either way love the peristome teeth and color. Beautifully grown as always

Thanks mcmcnair , It was made using the true eymae, it's an old EP hybrid, they for a long time were the only source of the true eymae, and all of their hybrids that involved eymae in the name tags were made using the true eymae. It's obvious that once you hybridize with eymae, the pitcher body will take on some of the characteristics of the other parent, in this case TM. It recently finally produced a basal and it's looking pretty good

ah, wish it had kept that eyemae upper shape!

I still think this plant is awesome! It looks like a maxima upper with a really fancy peristome. Hey Marc, have you ever posted photos of your setup? I'd be curious to see how/where you grow all these gorgeous plants! I must admit that I have your flickr on my bookmark bar, and I haven't seen any greenhouse/terrarium photos, although your art/architecture work is amazing as well. Keep it up!

It wants to make the eymae shape, but lowii says, "Nay."

I still think this plant is awesome! It looks like a maxima upper with a really fancy peristome. Hey Marc, have you ever posted photos of your setup? I'd be curious to see how/where you grow all these gorgeous plants! I must admit that I have your flickr on my bookmark bar, and I haven't seen any greenhouse/terrarium photos, although your art/architecture work is amazing as well. Keep it up!

Thanks East_to_west! It's a pretty simple/cheap set up, I use mini greenhouses & fishtanks for the smaller plants and 3m x 2m x 2m greenhouse for the larger plants for the colder months. Fish tank heaters in the fishtanks & tubs filled with water, which helps to evaporate the water and keep the humidity up and also gives the plants the temp rise they require. The lighting is all ambient, but I often move the plants around to take advantage of the sun angles at different parts of the year. The last pic is during summer, where I leave the plants just outside, there's many plants hiding in amongst the ferns at ground level that are not visible.

11322192585_ff418eb684_z.jpg

11322244816_fe8b35a5fb_z.jpg

11322232606_4f64e7fd48_z.jpg

11321335966_5116b8d62d_b.jpg

Awesome man! They looks really happy and healthy! I can't wait to have some really beautiful, larger specimens like you do! Cheers!

Back