What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

n. bical x amp pictures?

i was wondering if someone might post a picture of their bical x amp pitcher? mine produced its first pitcher finally and it looks nothing like either of its parents...or do i need to wait for it to produce more pitchers to determine this?

My roommate is using the camera today so i wont be able to get a picture up until tomorrow but im really curious what other peoples bical x amp looks like.

~b

here are the pictures...

IMG_1018.JPG

IMG_1026.JPG

IMG_1017.JPG

any thoughts?

~b

I think it is large enough to say that it isn't what it is supposed to be.

Yup, I agree. bical x amp it isn't.

Deff. not a bical x amp, doesnt even have the nubs of the fangs that most bical hybrids have.

Maybe it's a variation of the hybrid? ???

it looks like a khasiana hybrid. It almost looks like a 'caeser' too...

the rib flares do however look like crystals bicalXamp, along with those notches in the lid...

not saying that I think it is ... but maybe its got one of those parents?

Is it from a commercial dealer? They may be able to identify it from the pictures based on other plants they have for sale.

Based on the leaf, pitcher shape, and coloration I don't believe it has any N. bicalcarata or ampullaria.

I could make some guesses as to what might be in it.. but your first step should be contacting the person you got it from to see if they can shed some light.

yes it was from a commercial dealer, one who apparently uses green easter paper shreds for packaging....i was skeptical as soon as i got the plants in because the peat/perlite mix they used had probably a handful of worms in it and the plant just didnt look all that great.

ive since emailed them along with some pictures to have them help me identify it. thanks for everyone help and comments, i dont care that its not what its supposed to be, i just want it labelled correctly....

now to look for a bical or bical x amp again....sigh

~billy

this is the response i get from the place i bought the plant.

The plant in the picture is actually a Nepenethes merrilliana. If you can
give me the name the order was placed under I will look into it and see what
I can figure out.

what do i do now? do i ask for money back or what??

~billy

This is personally what I would do:
I'd give them both the order name and number to make things easy for them. Order date and all items ordered on that same receipt might help too.
I would wait for a reply from them to see what was 'figured out'.
I would reply to their response requesting a new 'true' bical x amp or a refund. I would take the plant replacement first, if they refuse try to get a refund out of them.

The way I look at it, they screwed up. Either they were in a hurry and packed the wrong plant, got the orders mixed up, or simply received mislabeled plants. They ~should~ make it right due to it being an error on their end.

Crystal

Edit: I also would not offer to send the mislabeled plant back. That will cost you both time and money for their mistake.

Last edited:
Billy-

Crystal's advice is probably the best as I see it. I am very familiar with the source of your purchase and errors like these are common. Keep your fingers crossed. If things don't work out for you in the long run I'm sure you could trade your plant for the real thing. You did a great job growing it!

I get the feeling I'm being ignored by the dealer. They've confirmed that the plant is not what its supposed to be but are not contacting me back in any way. They even asked for my order information but after that, nothing. I'm at a complete stand still and dont know what the next step should be? Should I call them?

Billy

I think you should if you think they´re ignoring you.

Give them a call. Try not to get too upset with them, I can understand this can be difficult. They should not be treating you this way. If nothing else, try to get a refund out of them.

Crystal

I know that dealer to, I ordered an amp X bical to and when the plant came it was small and labeled N. bical. I didn't bother asking for anything though, I don't really care.

Back