What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My vft is growing so fast!

I can't believe how quickly these things grow!

The first day I got it, I let it sit for about 24 hours in my living room, so that it could adapt to its new surroundings.

Then I filled a small plate full of distilled water and placed the pot on top of it, so that the plant has a steady source of water and moisture.

wow.gif
I can't believe how quickly it's grown since then! I replace the water that it soaks up every 2-3 days, and it grew a new trap within 5 days! Is this normal for them to grow this fast, or am I a proud owner of a genetically superior plant?

That's normal for a happy vft this time of year. Good job. You should have alot more traps by the end of the summer.

Remeber to place the plant in the sun for 5 hours a day. The plant may be growing quikly in the living room but it will be unhealthy and will produce puny traps without good light.Also,letting the plant sit in water isn't good if it is not in the sun. just place your plant in a sunny window or outdoors and you won't have problems.
wink.gif

Welcome to our little community, FutureForces!

Sounds like your VFT is doing quite well! Good job!
smile.gif

Ya things may look good, but don't neglect my advise or your plant will suffer.

I'm not trying to challenge your advice or anything, pho. I was just saying that it sounds like the VFT is doing good so far, not that it will do fine like it is
wink.gif

Respectfully,
FTG

Of course I was not offended.........well I maby a little.But I'm just tryin to help him.Im more concerned with force's plant than your reply.(Ment in a positive way
smile.gif
)Also, thanks for being very kind.

By the way, sorry for acting too quikly at your reply.
wink.gif

That's okay
smile.gif

Back