What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My three new Ottos!

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date
  • Tags
    lady
Well, the guy wouln't part with it yet.  He said he has a lot of people waiting and to come in two weeks.  This is the nicest, fluffiest moss I've seen in some time.  Otto #1 and Otto #2 as my girl likes to call them are hanging in there...and getting a little fatter.

Well, they're still hanging in there. Now, if the dang white fuzzy stuff on the driftwood would just go away! It doesn't seem to harm the fish but it's covering the Java moss I've tried to start. Once all settles, I'm adding a group of six dwarf neon rainbows (Melanotaenia praecox) and those will be the only fish other than the ottos and cory.

Two of mine are alive (yes!) I think I'm in the clear... Gonna pick up a third today.

Good luck. Let me know how it does. I'm sticking with just the two as they seem to pair up nicely and my tank is only 15 gal high.

One of the ottos will probably die.
sad.gif
 I added a couple of plants to the tank the other day and this evening, I only saw one otto on the driftwood.  Usually they both are very active at this time.  Well, I looked and found one wedged between a piece of slate and the glass!  I must have smooshed him when I moved plants around.  His tail is bent sideways and he's not swimming too well.  We'll see in the morning.  My daughter's optimistic, but I'm not...

Oh sorry dude!

I don't know why mine won't eat algea wafers. The shrimp love them but the otto's won't touch them.

I'm happy to report that i'm gonna order a red sea co2 paintball system!

I am amazed that the little guy is alive and well!  His body was severely bent and he initially swam very akwardly, but seems to be recovering.  I think he was trapped for less than 24 hours.

I'll be adding the neon rainbows later this week.  My LFS just got them in and they look great.  I hope the ottos don't mind!

P.S. When I saw the CO2 paintball thing I first thought, "there goes Clint randomly off topic"...but then I looked it up. Your plants should do great. I'm not doing anything special as my plants are low light and do well.

Lol, you thought I was gonna get a paintball gun? lol

Nope, I just ordered this today. I'm sick of DIY yeast.

http://www.dtpetsupplies.com/catalog....ncluded

right now i'm using 1 15 watt normal output striplight and 2 19 watt screw in powercompacts. I wonder what I'm auctually getting with the pc's? There's a lot of re-strike there.

Good news and bad news.

Good news is I picked up a new 20 oz co2 cylinder (it's got fire painted on it!)

Bad news is somehow yeast got into the tank... I tore it down and 3 shrimp have died so far. I don't think the others will make it. Time to shell out some more cash...... 2 of the ones that have died (That i'm aware of, maybe more have died) were preggo. My tank looks like crap...

To say i'm pissed is an understatement of the century... Most of my stem plants are floating until the water clears up enough that I can plant.

I'm sorry to hear that! I'm sure you'll get it all straightened out soon. Are the ottos ok?

Yes, they are fine now. Poor guys....

I'm ordering 12 more shrimp. He said he'd throw in a preggo, too
smile.gif
Maybe the one's left won't die on me.

This is the tank I bought. It's hella cool if you ask me
smile.gif

http://www.brasseagle.com/product....Systems

LMAO--looks like you're gonna have a good paintball game, you callow youth!  I'm glad that the ottos are well.  I don't think my tank would support the shrimp.  I have two ottos, one cory and six neon rainbows, newly added.  And that's all there will be.  The tank is 15 gallon high with a Whisper filter for up to thirty gallon.  Shrimp would be cool though...

Back