What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new website

• Thread starter Trapper7
  • Start date

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
So I'm almost finished with my glider website. Can you guys check it out and see what you think, let me know what should be changed and what you like. That would be really helpful. Like I said it's not quite donw yet, but almost. Someone on here suggested that I should just make a site first about caring for gliders, since I don't have any babies up for adoption yet, so I did that. Let me know if I added enough info and if you would want to see more info about something. I'd really appreciate it! Thanks :beer:

Edit: UMMM it would help if I added the link
www.freewebs.com/heartandsoulgliders

It looks good.

What are those strange moving lines? I found them distracting when reading the homepage.

Also, i would change 'what i feed my gliders' to 'what to feed gliders' or something along that line. A all-inclusive page on feeding these thangs, as well as a list of safe and not-safe foods (not all fruit is safe for small animals).

Lastly, there is no title on the browser tab i have up for your page. it would be nice to know what it says incase i move on and forget what i have tabbed.

Thats all for me, i think

Nice site.

Maybe when I have room I'll be able to get some Sugar Gliders. Almost bought some 5 or so years ago.

Finch, those are good ideas, especially the one about saying what is not good to eat. But I don't understand what you mean by there is no title on the browser tab, can you explain that to me.

Elgecko, thanks, look me up when you are ready for some :)

See the tab at the top? It says "My new website-terraforums"

Yours just has a straight verticle line. I'm sure it's just an option you forgot to fill in in your desginer.

Yess i see it now
action-smiley-059.gif

A good list i know of, and just for a few coins i can show a good exaple of of what a very good finch list looks like.... not a glider list but you get the idea. No coins, well next one wont be for free...

Some foods are bad:
Excess of some dark greens (spinach, dandelion, broccoli stem & kale for example) can leach calcium from your finch's body. They contain oxalates that can bind to calcium and prevent it from being absorbed by the body. While these foods are actually high in calcium themselves they can do more harm than good if given to often. Cooking these foods before giving them to the finches will help decrease the effect of the oxalates.

Other bad foods are:
Alcohol & alcoholic beverages
Avocado (skin, pit)
Asparagus
Caffeine
Chocolate
Coffee
Corn (stored in humid area)
Eggplant
Highly salted foods

Milk Products (birds can not digest lactose)
Mushrooms
Olives
Onion
Rhubarb
Seeds (in quantity apple, apricot, bitter almond)
Seeds (in quantity cherry, peach, pear, plum)
Soft Drinks (with caffeine or colas)
Spinach
Tea

Foods that are good:
Remember, too much of any one thing is always bad. If your finch doesn't seem to like something, try something else. Just like people, individual finches will have food preferences. Always keep seeds and fresh water available. It's also very important to remove fresh foods from the cage each day before they spoil. Finches are just as likely to get sick from spoiled or moldy food as you would.

Apple slices
Apricot
Banana
Bean Sprouts (Mung and Fenugreek)
Blackberry
Bulgur Wheat
Cabbage
Cauliflower
Carrot (thin slices, no greens)
Cherry
Egg: Hard Boiled (with shell)
Grape slices
Green Beans (cooked & mashed)
Guava
Mango
Melons
Natural yogurt (sweetened with fresh fruit)
Nectarine
Oats
Orange
Peach
Peas (cooked & mashed)
Pear
Pearl barley
Pineapple
Potatoes (no skin & boiled)
Pumpkin (seeds as well)
Rice: White or Brown (cooked)
Sprouts (sprout your own finch seed or millet)
Strawberry
Sweet Potato (boiled)
Raspberry
http://www.finches.org/f-finchfood.mgi

This list is for finches, so you would have to do your own reserch for gliders. It would be a good thing to have so you dont get "can i feed mt glider..."

Yeah I like you're site! In a couple years when I'm ready to get a glider, I'll know where to look. ^_~

I don't think I know how to fix the tab, but I'll try to figure it out, thanks :) Finch that's for that, I do have a list so I'll just add it to my site, it is a very good idea :)

Thanks ChronoKiento :)

I know how to do it with HTML but I suspect that you aren't raw coding it. Otherwise it'd just be..

< title >Your Webpage Title Goes Here!< /title >

(You have to get rid of the spaces between the >'s and <'s, since this board supports HTML it will actually apply it without the spaces so I had to put the spaces there so it would actually show up in the post.)

Back