What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My New Pings

I have 1 P. Moranensis , and i "Aphrodite" When is the best time to cuttings of both these Pings ?

PSM....there is a topic pinned to the top of this forum on taking leaf cuttings.  
smile.gif
Its called "one is never enough...propagating pings."

Don't forget to keep your eye on pinned topics. For some reason they get overlooked but they always contain useful information...hence...their being pinned.

Also don't forget to check out our Articles Forum where we post articles on all kinds of topics.
smile.gif

i have checked the pinned topic on this subject, but for some i cannot get my moreansis to give me plantlets. is this due to it being a picky one to propagate ?

P. moranensis is a real easy one to cultivate and propogate. Most of them (pings) are real easy. Soil isn't a big issue, as many people have them in various combinations of LFS, peat, sand, pumice, etc.... I find that they seem to do best when moist, but not wet media.

To propogate from leaf cuttings, I just pick up the plant between my thumb and middle finger of one hand and then pluck a leaf, getting as much of the leaf as possible. I then place the white part of the leaf slightly in the media, near the parent plant. New plants form in a couple few weeks.

Others will place a leaf in a baggie with slightly moist media, sealed, and placed at an east window. That also works well.

In this pic you will see leaves next to their parent plants, uncovered.

Strausplants002.jpg

Back