What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new baby :)

cruiser1.jpg

2001 PT Cruiser, in "Inferno Red".

ain't she adorable? it was a smoker's car (AGAIN!!! can't be nearly as bad as my current car though... the roof was yellow when we got it) but it was in such good condition that i figured the smell can't be any worse than what i've got now. the guy knocked enough off the price that we can have it professionally cleaned out too. plus my dad went over it with a fine-toothed comb so if he approves it, it's solid enough to me...

but in the meantime... i actually own a legitimately cool car ;)

Score! Luckily the amount the car smells can vary in degrees of intensity- though I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to have it cleaned nice and good! Congrats!

Perty! Maybe a Delta Sonic, or the equivalent thereof, will get the smell out. That worked for me when my plants were exiled from the lab and I had to transport them back home, spilling water all over the car and smelling of mildew.

based on past experience i think i'm just going to pay for an ozone treatment and professional cleaning, which is what i did for my last car. it didn't *quite* get the smell out all the way but the place where we had it done said that it was easily the worst case of tar buildup he'd ever seen in a car... not surprisingly, the car was the product of an estate sale. i think i can make a fair guess at the cause of death, if that's what the CAR looked like. hopefully this car isn't as bad, being newer, and the guy *claimed* he left the windows open whenever he smoked in it... we'll see about that. if nothing else, there will be a permanent bottle of Febreze in the back seat ;)

Nice, I can get you a 2.4L turbo engine for it. Let me know if your interested.

peretty nifty. never seen one licke it. Lucky You!

no not a PT.....................................
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

sorry dont care for their looks but everyone i know who has acually bought one has really liked them. just not my cup of tea. getting a new vehicle is always fun

I guess that means you hate my new car.

xbdark.jpg

It's really not that bad of a car. Small odd shaped cars are really cool and fun to drive.

lol like i said its a personal preferance. if its a "blocky" vehicle it better be able to handle some serious off roading and trails
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CopcarFC @ May 23 2006,10:55)]Nice, I can get you a 2.4L turbo engine for it. Let me know if your interested.

ha ha!!! i was just thinking of the 2.4L GT PT cruiser as well.
congrats on the new ride, moonflower!
we need a new(er) car pretty badly and if/when we're able to, i was kinda thinking of an STI, Scion Tc, or SRT4 or something.... something a bit sporty that is affordable.

have fun with your ride!

sorry ill stick to my Cherokee, with its 4.0L straight 6 and manual tranny with low enough gears i can start out in third with lil problems

its my tank
smile_n_32.gif

Ha I bet your tank is empty most of the time.
smile.gif
A 4.0L strait 6 can't be good on gas.

The main reason I got a Xb was because of the 30MPG it gets. It's way better than my gas guzzling rx7's.

get around 20 i think but it needs a tune up bad. will let yah know in the next week. havent checked MPG since i got it. i wrote down millage at my last fill up cause i was curious. it gets much better than the shops F-150 with a big V8
smile_n_32.gif

Copcar- heheh thanks for the offer, but i don't think a faster engine will do any good with the driver who's a nervous wreck at high speeds ;) long island driving is absolutely hellish at times.

and about the looks... i think the Cruiser is one of those styles that you either love or hate, no neutral. my best friend, who came with me to look at it, swore she would never let me own a black one because it would look too much like a hearse. passengers' opinions don't count for much thankfully ;) personally i fell in love with the PTs when they were released. i can't wait to pick it up!!!

hope the PT does good for you. personally im disliking the newer vehicles more and more, especially the trucks. i cant change the plugs on the shops '03 F-150 darn near cant change the oil. the 4-WD system was designed by a retarded monkey. much prefer my '95 Cherokee and my father-in-laws '79 CJ7 if they break down yah can fix them

Back