What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Nepenthes bicalcarata article in California Garden Magazine

Hey everyone! Long time no chat! My life has been pretty crazy lately and I haven't had much time to hang out on these forums, but I thought I'd drop by and let you all read my most recent article. It's entitled "Fangs" and was published in the September/October issue of California Garden. I hope you all enjoy, and it's good to be back!

Just thought I'd mention that once you click on the link for my article, it'll take you to a Mediafire page. Click on "Download File" and then use Adobe to open the PDF file. And ignore the pop-ups. Or you can scream at them. Your choice.

Cool! :beer:

Thanks Cindy! I was proud to get some literature out there on N. bicalcarata, since I rarely see anything detailing this particular tropical pitcher plant.

Just thought I'd bump this one more time for anyone who may have missed it.

Thanks, I had read it but didn't get around to commenting on it. Nice article. I was curious as to if they contacted you about writing that article or if you submitted it?

Good work, it's always nice to see more publicity to our hobby.

xvart.

Great article! Have been growing N. bical for over 25 years and first time I've seen a really good article on the species. Got my first bical in the early 1980's at an astronomical price compared to today. This plants vines were over 12' long and easily a 4' leafspan. Alas I lost it during Hurricane Ivan. Plant had grown into ground and could not be removed from greenhouse. Had 6' of saltwater where my greenhouse used to be. Oh well, life goes on.

Very nice article thanks for bumping it LLeopardGGecko nice to see my favorite Nep getting coverage.

I'm sorry for what happend to your N.bicalcarata macamus3 it must of had a big root system to come out and bury it's roots in the ground sorry again that happend. :-(

Back