What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My neck keeps cracking :(

• Thread starter Ant
  • Start date

Ant

Your one and only pest!
Ugh, I can hardly turn or rest my head because my neck is always cracking. It doesn't to hurt much (hurts only when it cracks) but it is so annoying and stiff! :-( I am only 15 to!

try a heat pad to lossen it up........sounds like the muscles are tight causing the bones to rub against each other hard

Heat pad may help. Depends on the problem. (wish it would help mine!) If it doesn't, I can't recommend a good chiropractor enough. I'd be an inflexible, snap, crackle, and pop mess if I didn't go see mine once or twice a yr.

May take a while to find a good one. Some like to keep you coming back often and will only fix you up a little at a time to get more $! If they loosen your properly first, it doesn't even hurt.

once or twice a year? i see mine 1-6 times a month for upper back/neck issues.......course it was my own stupidity that caused the problem

Yep, that's all I go. It's usually my mid-lower back that pops out. I can crack that back in myself. I just go to the bone cracker for more serious outages (upper back and neck that I can't pop back into place myself). LOL Can't beat the one I go to. He only asks $20 for whatever he does, no office fee, etc, either.

everything in my upper back/neck i cant pop myself

Me either, only mid to lower back is what I can pop. But for me, that is my most common problem spot. So being able to at least do that much myself saves a lot of trips to get fixed up.

Ant, if you participate in contact or extreme sports, you need to ask yourself if the thrills and spills are worth it. I'm fairly thick headed, so I've always told myself yes. That may change as I get older! LOL I have more than 10 yrs over you, so it may take a while yet for you to decide, if you're like me. LOL

i did my spill when i was 18......didnt start having problems till i hit 24......became more than just an annoyance in the last 6 months

I've always used a sock filled with rice that you heat up in the microwave for laying over a painful neck (Note: try not to use instant rice...or if you do don't set it for like, 8 minutes...That leads to a charred, steaming and burnt sock that gets thrown in the sink just in case it is actually smoldering...Live and learn...and always have a fire extinguisher just in case). I particularly LIKE cracking my neck and back...but then I feel lopsided if I can't crack my neck in both directions, otherwise there is nothing better than a bidirectional neck cracking IMHO.

You could always consider yoga? Why?
1. Stretch muscles (Find some you never knew you had)
2. Become limber like a pretzel
3. Pick up chicks (unless you foolishly enroll in a class for guys only((if there is such a thing)))

That is the trifecta of yoga for guys...
Now I open the floor for me to be laughed and ridiculed right off the stage...Begin the onslaught.
Plus all the other guys on the Lacrosse team will be so jealous when you bring your yoga mat with to practice for your yoga class later that evening...

lol, I don't want a fire hazard, why can't I just heat up the rice before I put it in the sock! Anyway I found a heat pad and it is working...

I've heard of doing the rice thing before, but not tried it yet. Supposedly either rosemary, lavender, or eucalyptus added in helps relieve muscle tension, but I don't remember which it was that I heard about?

rattler_mt, if you didn't do anything stupid until you were 18, you're ahead of me for the better there! LOL

Ugh, I can hardly turn or rest my head because my neck is always cracking. It doesn't to hurt much (hurts only when it cracks) but it is so annoying and stiff! :-( I am only 15 to!

See your Doctor. Simple huh?

rattler_mt, if you didn't do anything stupid until you were 18, you're ahead of me for the better there! LOL

took that long before i did damage that lasted longer than 6 months not including minor scars :D ive got nerve damage in one thumb from a misplaced knife blade and a chunck of cartilage floating around in one knee do to a hyper extention but both those happened after i was 18 :D up until i was 18 i tended to bounce pretty good and not get seriously hurt...still pissed we didnt get the bounce that screwed up my back and neck on video.....i stuck the landing pretty darn good :D .....

I take it back, you're worse off than me! LOL And I thought I was messed up. LOL I've accidentally cut myself, even rammed a big piece of balsa wood up under my thumb nail, have a ridge there even still, but no nerve damage.

Back