What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My little diy hydroponics setup.....

Well I was going to buy one but I did not want to spend so much money on the pricey kits so I made a simple deep water culture hydro setup for lettuce:
hydropoics.jpg

This pic is 3 days old since then I raised the buck right up to the 2 cool color cfls and the little guys are putting out roots everywhere :D I had them in soil to get them started,but they were sooo slow :jester: Then after I put them in the hydrobucket(like 1 week ago) they started to look like lettuce instead of strange little seedlings with seed leafs. I am pretty happy about how well it worked for $50 including everything but the lights.

Update more growth to add to that top post,
the $50 included the nutrient,pump,hydrotron,
net baskets,bucket,lid,tubing and other stuff.........

Looks good! What kind of lights are you running?

Very cool and innovative JM! Thanks for sharing :).

very nice! I must admit i have never got into hydroponics because its easier to plant them in the ground, but you cant get fresh ones in the winter that way, either.

Well I use cfls and there getting bigger :D After 3 weeks there exploding so I am eating in 2 weeks....... I am going to do a 4 plant setup in my shed soon :) I'll grow chard,chives,ginger ??? and some others. Instead of heating the shed I'm heating the nutrient solution up abit for some good growth.
My laptop is outa of working order so no new pics :(

Back