What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Hamata and Rajah

Indigo

Learning How To Multiply
Hello Here is 2 of my nepenthes i got them from last year at sept.

N.Hamata
P1010515.jpg

P1010537.jpg

N.Rajah
P1010528.jpg

pitcher infaltting slowly but surely
P1010532.jpg

P1010535.jpg

nice hamata, ever hurt yourself with it on accident? xP

is that from the seedgrown batch of Hamata?
also it seems like youve got quite a bit of algae build up in there. how frequently do you water?
what is the drainage like?
here is my baby seedgrown one starting to color its leaves up nicely
MacroHamata003.jpg

very nice Hamata and the Raja looks good too, can't wait to see its first pitcher

SirKristoff

Its not seedgrown hamata, its a clone thats what it said on the label when i got it, i only water them when they look dry its usually once in a week or 2, but the mixture r good drainage i have 40% drid lfs/ 30% peats/ 30% perlite. those annoying aglae >.< how do i provent them from growing?

I personally wouldn't worry about the algae. It's potentially harmful to young seedlings, not established plants. In your case it's barely noticeable. I have it ten times worse in most of my seedling pots.

Very nice plants! I'd recommend you continue to do what you are doing. They seem to be growing well for you.

Crystal

I wasn't trying to make it sound dangerous lol. Just I know that I don't like algae in my pots hahaha. Anyway, they are nice plants :) in a few years your going to have a monster of a rajah, it might be one of the female clones, who knows ;)

fantastic hamata man. That internode distance is sooo little. Very very nice. I like the leaf:pitcher ratio as well. Looks like u are giving them great lighting conditions.

thanks for the comments everyone =]
i have few of my highland that growing very well too, i will post some picture this weekend when i have time. but the lowlands r kind of pain course i didn;t give them the temperature they needed they just look like the day when they arrive, maybe this spring imma get a growrack and place them outside where it can get some morning light on them and some higher temperature to give them a boost

WOW! Fantastic hamata!

I'm constantly amazed at how huge the Pitchers are on most Hamata when compared to their leaves.

Back