What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first sarr

Sig

Eats genetically engineered tomatoes
I just got my first sarr from english gardens, a reputable plant nursery near me. It appears in good condition and is labeled S. "Danas delight". I'm wondering what species it is and if it would be okay in a bog garden I just finished. It would be in the center of the bog at a slightly lower elevation from the surroundings (in the center so it doesn't shade the other plants). How much will it spread and how big will it get? It was being grown in full sun which is also where my bog is.

4r6zxe.jpg

2ahw7ly.jpg

Thanks!

It's a leucophylla cultivar. Somebody else can narrow it down.

According to most websites, it's a hybrid of S. "Willisii ((psittacina x purpurea) x (purpurea x (flava x purpurea)) and S. Leucophylla

it will like the bog garden. Grow no more then 2 feet tall and you may get up to 6 or so growth points after a few years. so mayber half a sqaure foot

It can grow as big as you want it... It can get clumps of 10 Sq. Ft., But that is if you give it the room.

It's a leucophylla cultivar. Somebody else can narrow it down.

As it turns out Kim Magnuson never published a standard description and photograph or registered this plant with the ICRA (International Cultivar Registry Authority) of concern (ICPS). There exists the possibility of getting the name spelled properly. Barry Rice was looking into contacting Kim Magnuson about registering the plant but nothing seems to have come of this.

That name sounds familiar. Isn't that the CP store owner in Hawaii?

Back