What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first First Sarracenia

I have a large container for an outdoor bog eco system but will not be able to build it properly for a little while. I made this dub tub situation to nurse my new plants until then.
On the bottom there is an upside-down plug tray cut to size covered in perlite with a plastic grate. I used a combination of "forest moss", perlite, peatmoss, coir, vermiculite. Pretty much in that ratio. Everything was soaked in rain water, plants watered in with rain water. There is rain water up to the perlite line in the tub. They are off to the side of a 400 watt HPS.
Sarracenia x Red Apache
Sarracenia x Yellow Jacket
Sarracenia x white"Juthatip Soper"
Grass Pink Orchid
Nodding Lady Tresses
Rose Pogonia
Viola lanceolata Bog Violet

Attachments

• sar.jpeg
    sar.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 4
  • sarside.jpeg
    sarside.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 4
Get rid of the lid, not necessary and will just encourage fungal growth. Also won't permit enough light for the plants to thrive without broiling them inside the enclosed space.

ok thanks. I just wanted to give them an extra humidity boost after the transplants. All those plants just came out of the mail. I will take it off and not put it on.

Back