What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My demon statue on the cover of Onslaughts new CD...

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
Hey you guys, I was at the newstand flipping through a copy of Terrorizer heavy metal mag and I saw the cover for the classic UK Thrash band Onslaught's new CD. What's on the cover? Why it's the head on shot of my clay sculpt of their demon icon I made in honor of their 1985 LP Power From Hell (the demon was shown from the side back then). Granted whoever did the cover art inverted my color map and made the image monochromatic and tugged the image to make it a bit longer but go ahead, open it in photoshop, make a transparency and do an overlay, it's mine! I knew it the second I saw it cos I've seen that statue everyday for several years now!
Too bad they didn't ask I'd have finsihed it and sent a higher quality picture or the whole darn sculpt! :)

onslaught.jpg

power2.jpg

http://www.toyriot.com/onslaught.htm

Very cool! I would send it to them. They obviously like your work. Maybe you could get an exclusive license to make those sculptures an official collectible.

Awesome man!

Very cool Bro, there's NO doubt that's your piece- I think I smell a possible cross-promotion in your near future :D

Well sending the original would be hard as it weighs a ton - it's mostly sculpted from aves Epoxy which becomes like rock once it cures in 24 hours. They originally found my website and the in progess shot above and they wanted to know how much it would cost to have it molded and cast and copies sent to them so they could sell them online but it must've been too much cos I never heard back from them (it is not cheap to create model kits) I wasn't even calculating charges for labor just materials of silicone and plastic resin. If I gave them a real complete china production price like we do at the toy studio it would be even higher, in the tens of thousands not just a few hundred. But that was the last i heard from them until I saw the record cover. I'm sure glad to know they used my art even if no one else does! :)

That's awsome but it doesn't bother you they used your artwork without your permission? Its an honor to be on the cover but...I'd be a little ticked.

I agree with PAK. Did they ask permission? My old neighbor used to chase tornado's and had some great photos that he had framed. He got his TIME magazine in the mail one day and found the cover had one of his pictures on it. Needless to say, they did not have his permission to use that photo. I don't recall ever hearing what sort of deal they made, but I'm sure he got compensated somehow.

It's still cool knowing it's there. You should have at least got some credit in the little CD booklet somewhere!

xvart.

Back