What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My '98 Camry just reached 260K miles...

joossa

Aklys
My 1998 Toyota Camry just reached 260,000 miles yesterday. Is it time to get a new car?
It used to be the family car, but I took it up a while ago. As far as I can remember, the car has had no major problems. Of course it has gotten new tires, oil changes, etc., but nothing too drastic.

Is going up to 300K pushing it? LOL- rhetorical question?:scratch:

My 88 Chevy Beretta got to to 280.

Keep going!

The best thing about a Toyota Camry is that it never dies.

The worst thing about a Toyota Camry is that it never dies.

Capslock :D

260K thats just finally getting broken in. LOL. If you take care of it and do the general repairs on it, like oil changes, brakes, tires, etc. there is no reason to believe it wont make it to 300K if not farther. When my father owned a salvage yard he hated to buy those toyotas because no one need parts off of them or at least they never needed engine or transmissions for them which are the parts your probably concerned about. If nothing else I would drive it till it starts to give you trouble then get rid of it. A car with 260K isnt going to have much resale value.

Keep going. You'll know when it's getting close to getting a new car. My wife had a similar car and when we started dating it was having some serious trouble. It was manageable and worked most of the time, but you could tell it was dying. Her brother actually drives it now. Her family also never did tuneups and basic maintenance.

A grad student that works for me has a Camry and it is at 290k. They will never die. Be proud of it!

xvart.

That's really good. Toyotas and Hondas go forever.

My 98 Citroen is on 106,000 but has ECU problems, so it's always stuttering :-(

Yeah they take a lot. I guess I'll keep on rolling. :)

That's nothing, my '87 Toyota Celica shows 320,000+ miles on it. It's actually more because the speedo cable was out for 8-9 months before I got around to getting it replaced (shhhhh!).

Back