What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mushroom Growing Next To My Sundew

Couple days ago, I found a what appeared to be a fruiting body growing next to my Drosera aliciae, I probably though this was either a parasitic fungi or a symbiotic relationship.
Whats going on?

Last edited:
What's going on is there is a fungus growing in your medium and it's decided it's time to reproduce. This is not an unusual occurrence. You can remove the mushroom but the fungus will still be in there.
Ignore it and enjoy the new mushroom/s next time or re-pot. I usually just leave them alone.

Last edited:
Couple days ago, I found a what appeared to be a fruiting body growing next to my Drosera aliciae, I probably though this was either a parasitic fungi or a symbiotic relationship.
Whats going on?

Post a photo? :D

Those fungi that form symbiotic relationships with plants (aka mycorrhizal associations) are not known to produce mushrooms, and pathogens similarly generally don't either. It's probably just feeding off of the soil, which for now is harmless to the plant but it will somewhat help speed up the breakdown of the soil and mean you'll have to repot sooner over later (though that sooner may still be a few months to years off).

Sorry for inactivity, I can't provide a picture since the account is logged in a computer without those little cameras on top of the screen and the reply on the top yes, you may be correct.

Last edited:
Most mushroom-producing fungus like to eat dead things. I think your plant will be fine.

Back