What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving to a different state - What to do with collection?

• Thread starter E90pat
  • Start date
Hello terraforums,

I need advice on how to handle my collection. My lowlands are in an exoterra tank and i have a freezer set up for my highlanders. I got a job offer in virginia from florida and need to move in three weeks. I am thinking about selling but i feel i do not have enough time to process the orders. I would like to take the plants with me but i have limited space in my car and ill be crashing at my friends place until i find a place of my own. I wont have the immediate luxury of locating the plants. Need some help :(

In an emergency the best thing would be to send the plants you do keep through the mail if you don't have space to pack them into your car. Nepenthes can stand at least a week in the mail if packed well and kept in a cool spot out of direct sun when they arrive. So that may be worth considering.

If you send USPS Priority Mail there is a "Hold for Pickup" option. The Post Office will require ID in order for you to pick up the parcels. Since you will probably have out of state ID maybe bring along a copy of the rental agreement for your new home and some sort of confirmation of employment for your new job.

The storage areas of parcels is climate controlled.

Last edited:
Back