What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moved to Ft. Worth

Just moved all my crap into my new apartment on Saturday. I put everything in my apartment then drove to Houston for a couple days to visit my friends and make some money. The apartment is really swank, but uhhhhhh it's in a uh...."cultural" neighborhood, but what do you expect from the middle of the city. The building is built like a square, and the inside is a parking garage, so you can park on the level you live on, then walk about 40 feet to your apartment. Whats next to my apartment? A) The most ghetto gas station I've ever seen in my life where I think I saw a drug deal go down the second I pulled up B) A gigantic masonic temple C) All of the above. Oh, it's definitely C. I'm about 8 mins from my school, and less than 10 minutes from an art museum, a science museum, the stockyards, the botanical garden, the zoo, and some other good stuff. I found a bar there called Ye Olde Bull and Bush, which I must visit haha.

I brought all my plants potted since we ended up getting a bigger truck, and they all seemed to make it well except 3 looked sort of dessicated and I might lose them. I set up my chamber again, but this apartment has 3 big windows right next to each other, so I'm getting some brighter light into my chamber, which is a definite plus. I just crammed everything in and came to Houston, so hopefully they can function autonomously for a couple days.

I think I'm going back to Ft. Worth tomorrow or Wednesday to unpack everything. I want to get finished unpacking before orientation at school starts on the 21st. I don't have a bed cuz I had to order a smaller one, and the place can't deliver it until the 26th! Yay for not having a bed for about 10 days.

it ain't a ghetto gas station unless you can't go in! One where you gotta order your Doritos and mountain Dew at a bullet proof glass window like a movie theater and pay before you pump!

And hey, having a dealer, chips and gas all in one stop, now THAT's convenience! :-D

Hope school and the new city and digs go well. Sounds like there is a lot of cool stuff nearby.

Back