What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mosquito control

• Thread starter Sage269
  • Start date
I picked up some aquatic bladderwort for mosquito control for my patio pond. Currently I have about 3 sq. feet of surface area. When I got the bladderwort it was two pieces about 1/4 inch each. Now I have 5 pieces totaling about 9 inches. I was not expecting the weather to warm up so soon this year, and now it is getting to temperatures to worry about mosquitos. How many inches of bladderwort do I need to have for my surface area?

I am thinking I may need to buy more, If so does anyone have a good deal for me?

Thanks all,
Sage

The only thing that's going to control mosquitos is not having standing water, or treating it with something like Mosquito Dunks. Even the Utricularia species that are big enough to routinely capture larvae are never going to catch even most of what's in a pond, no matter the size.

Back