What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Money tree soil.

curtisconners

Greetings from the netherworld.
Hey all,

My mom recently obtained a money tree, the thing's in a pot way too small for it, so it needs to be repotted. What is the optimal soil mix for a money tree?

Thank you in advance.

Several different plants go under this common name. It was mainly a common name for Crassula ovata in the past. Is that what your mum has?

The tag says pachira aquatica.

This is one of those times where using plain ol' Miracle Gro potting soil can work. Has about the same moisture retaining capabilities as peat, and stops you from having to worry about fertilizing it for a few months (or however long the bag says it's good for).

Seems pretty spot on with the sun requirements (great plants to set near a window) and the watering. You can usually tell when it wants water when the large leaves start to droop a little. I typically only end up watering mine once every other week or so. (Seriously...MG potting soil holds a TON of water XD)

Back