What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Money Spent?

• Thread starter Halt
  • Start date
i think most people have forgotten about electricity costs. My 8 bulbs lights alone, left on year round totaled about $300 alone :(

lights: 170$ + 80$/year electricity
terra: 160$, found the other one
plastic and ceramic pots and saucers: 200$+
water: 5-10$ /week, 80$ approx, probably more. RO needed
plants: 500$ approx (very close, not including those that haven't arrived yet) 605$ all included
soil and supplies: 50$

running total: 1240$ - 1345$ since july '08

The moral to this story is that CPs consume more than insects and are especially fond of money.

the moral is we are all deranged addicts. I couldve had a great drug addiction with all my monies! :p

I did finally with great reluctance give up 20+ years of heavy metal mags for lack of space. From well known glossies I'd bought at the gas station across the street as a 10 year old to completely obscure xeroxed zines I'd been mailed over the years as a metal writer. A number of of those not even in English (U ever see a Greek heavy metal magazine? Greek IS the heavy metal alphabet!). Add to that concert fliers and posters from all over. It occupied an entire closet floor to ceiling. After finally being free of that pile I've never allowed myself collect mags again.

I still miss all that heap sometimes when I let myself think of it, all those memories invested in studying every interview, photo and advertisements for classic LPs of bands long forgotten to all but us few crazies...

Hey! Who threw out all my mags??

i have all the Rifle and Handloader mags from about 1981 till now.....all kinds of various hunting and rifle mags from the standards to some Aussie, British and Southa African publications.......ive got a huge pile of old Reptile mags and various fish and other pet mags....gardening, farming, self reliance, computer, photography........most anything that catches my eye.....actually surprising how often i go back and read them.....especially the Rifle and Handloader mags as i stumble across new to me guns that i need info on.....they are as good of a reference as any book........

The moral to this story is that CPs consume more than insects and are especially fond of money.

Hahah yep. My wife saw me typing this last night and asked what I was typing. I told her - she wasn't at all pleased at the $$ I've put into this. Looks like she has some purses and shoes to go buy now :-))

When I started this, I did not intend to get so deep into it. But I find myself addicted to neps, and always tweaking my setup. Plus, in the summer I have to run the house a/c quite a bit to keep the temps cool enough for my highlands - that adds up!

Back