What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mix of pictures

Just a few pictures of my collection. too tired to name em all right now....

I did have a question about the dichotoma though...is it normal to have 4 prongs on some and two on others within the same plant?

img3284bd6.jpg

img3283ve3.jpg

img3282jc5.jpg

img3281lo1.jpg

img3280xo7.jpg

img3279dx2.jpg

img3278rn7.jpg

img3277as9.jpg

img3275cb9.jpg

img3274ok4.jpg

Nice plants! What kind of lighting do you have them under?

thanks, they're about 12" below a regular shop light with GE daylight bulbs. Ignore the color on the fly traps, they're newly acquired.

!!

Is "img3270hs2.jpg" a U. calycifida 'cthulhu'? lol I really wanna get one of those and a U. calycifida 'Yog-Sothoth'.

Thanks for sharing your pics. :)

Its actually a U. calycifida 'Mrs. Marsh'. If you'd like some I'd be glad to share once it starts spreading out a bit. its just starting to recover from shipping and finally starting to look quite nice. the leaves are HUGE comparatively ofcourse.

I did have a question about the dichotoma though...is it normal to have 4 prongs on some and two on others within the same plant?

Young D. dichotoma often have only 1 fork. As they mature you get the more common 2 fork (4 point) leaves that we all think about when we imagine D. dichotoma. Give it all the sun you can.. It LOVES full sun and heat, and is oblivious to humidity...

Steve

Looking real good! Was that B. liniflora?

little tiny pot? sure is. cant wait till it gets a bit bigger. Thanks for the help Steve, good to know.

Nice S. purpurea.

Is that the southern variety?

I hope the baby purpurea I gave my mother for Mother's Day colors up like that on her sunny balcony. :)

2 post. 7th picture. whats in that pot?
Alex

Great job growing and your plants are showing it too.. Thanks for sharing

2 post. 7th picture. whats in that pot?
Alex

haha, that would be whats left of my U. calycifida 'Aseneth Waite'. I keep hoping it'll come back from the dead but I dont think its happening...

Back