What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mister tubes and head mounting.

• Thread starter Sage269
  • Start date
I am building my rain system for my highland tank. I have high pressure hose and misting heads.
I am thinking of using silicone to glue it where it needs to be and duct tape to hold it there while it dries.

Anyone have better suggestions?

Thanks,
Sage

I find silicone cement to be a good sealant and a less than powerful adhesive, but that depends on what you are gluing. If you are using pvc I recommend a standard pvc cement which will bond the pipe pieces together. Silicon sticks well to clean glass but not that well to plastics.

Would some sort of clamp work better than Duct Tape? I haven't done this specific project before, but clamps are normally the go-to for maintaining good contact.

I find silicone cement to be a good sealant and a less than powerful adhesive, but that depends on what you are gluing. If you are using pvc I recommend a standard pvc cement which will bond the pipe pieces together. Silicon sticks well to clean glass but not that well to plastics.

1/4 inch flexible tubing. Not very heavy. I just want to keep the routing clean and the mister heads pointed in the correct direction.

Would some sort of clamp work better than Duct Tape? I haven't done this specific project before, but clamps are normally the go-to for maintaining good contact.
The tubes are 1/4 inch and can easily collapse with fingers. I am routing them under the top inside rim of a aquarium.

Thanks for posting the exact kit you (will) have. The systems I have seen that are similar have not needed sealant.

Thanks for posting the exact kit you (will) have. The systems I have seen that are similar have not needed sealant.
I am not trying to seal anything. I am trying to mount and tack things so the misting heads are pointed in the correct directions and the hose is nice and neat.

I am going to try some airline holders today before trying the silicone.

I have posted my entire misting build at the bottom of this thread:
Automatic misters

It is very important to use a pump like mine to get the correct pressure that the misting heads need.

I tried a out of tank test run yesterday and it is running great! A lot quieter than some of the commercial setups that you can buy.

Full setup runs 5 heads fine.

Last edited:
Looking forward to your results, please post some picture's if you can!

Looking forward to your results, please post some picture's if you can!
I tried to upload a video but was unable.

The pics are of the current state of the system. It still is a work in progress. The big shelf on the right will be cut down and width lessened when I install the fans on it.
The hoses for the rain system need to be shortened and have air lines holding them if necessary. The pump is mounted below the chiller. The water is use to heat and cool the air with the help of a fogger, and the rain is the same water.

Attachments

• 20220919_155524.jpg
    20220919_155524.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220919_155438.jpg
    20220919_155438.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220919_155422.jpg
    20220919_155422.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 3
Back